Talking of Movies…

20 Jul

Holy crap. For anyone not playing along at home, I adore George RR Martin’s Song of Ice and Fire series. And he just announced that Sean Bean is going to play Ned Stark in the HBO pilot for a series based on it. Holy. Crap.

Also, Robert Addy as Robert Baratheon is bad-ass. Though it’s always hard for me not to picture him in saran wrap eating a candy bar. The Full Monty never leaves you, does it? Anyhow, I can totally see Robert doing that…

Not that I had any doubt HBO would deliver on the Game of Thrones front– it’s right up their alley. Sex, murder, and politics, plus everyone’s constantly saying “f@$k”. What more could they ask for? But seriously, I’m just re-excited about it seeing this announcement, since it is the most perfect casting imaginable.

In celebration, I’m gonna re-post this link I got from Cat, which most of you have no doubt seen ages ago, but always provides awesome laughs for me. The third one down is appropriate for this post. Photoshopped Spec Fic Book Covers, part the first. The links to the second and third pages are on the bottom, and not to be missed. (WARNING: Link contains large print bad words. Beware if you have curious children or bosses over your shoulder.)

But yeah. That. Weee!

Now playing: The Fratellis – Look Out Sunshine!

6 Responses to “Talking of Movies…”

1. Reenie July 20, 2009 at 12:57 pm #

Holy shit!!!

Not only HBO doing Song of Fire & Ice (Yay!), but Sean Bean as Sharpe was the beginning of my Napoleonic Wars Thing. Love Him. Sean Bean as Ned is just about almost as hot. Guhh. I can just about forgive them for letting their Preacher plan die if this goes through.

(the Jon Snow kid is extra hot too. Yay!)

2. Sue Penkivech July 20, 2009 at 11:23 pm #

HAHAHAHAHA

Loved the photoshopped book covers. Especially since I think I’ve read about 75% of those books, and most of the titles were Incredibly appropriate.

Especially Thomas Covenant. Because yeah. That fits. ;)

3. Michael Stone July 21, 2009 at 2:45 am #

Inspired casting. And have you seen the guy they’ve cast as Jon Snow? A b&w still isn’t much to go on, but he _looks_ perfect.

4. Aaron Polson July 21, 2009 at 7:56 am #

Okay…I almost wet myself with those covers. AWESOME.

5. KVTaylor July 21, 2009 at 10:59 am #

Reenie, too true man, Jon looks amazing. I was most concerned about him, Arya, Asha, and, er, well, you know. Jaime, of course. :/

I really need to put Sharpe in my queue. I’ll bet Balaji’s seen them already… you crazy Commonwealth kids and your cricket and PG Wodehouse.

Sue, when I first saw that I was practically rolling. I like “Mary Sue Gets a Dragon” myself. God, how many times have we seen that? :D

Mike, he totally does. I know they cast Tyrion (perfectly) first, and now that they’re piling up I’m just getting more and more excited. It’s going to happen! (And they’ll totally pick it up if it does. Nothing could be more perfect for HBO.)

Aaron, yay! Er, not that I wanted to make you or anything, just that the same thing nearly happened to me.

6. Natalie L. Sin July 21, 2009 at 2:08 pm #

*LMFAO* at the book covers!