Picture Meme #1

28 Jul

Saw a meme I can’t resist today while enjoying my LJ f-list– this one from Merrie Haskell. (Her story The Girl-Prince was an early pick of mine, and she’s got loads of other coolness going on as well.)

1) Post ten of any pictures currently on your hard drive that you think are self-expressive.
2) NO CAPTIONS!!! It must be like we’re speaking with images and we have to interpret your visual language just like we have to interpret your words.
3) They must ALREADY be on your hard drive – no googling or flickr! They have to have been saved to your folders sometime in the past. They must be something you’ve saved there because it resonated with you for some reason.
4) You do NOT have to answer any questions about any of your pictures if you don’t want to. You can make them as mysterious as you like. Or you can explain them away as much as you like.

Well okay, I’m not gonna follow the rules exactly, but I am gonna post things from the deepest recesses of my hard drive(s) that have inspired stories or characters, or just given me immeasurable amounts of reading enjoyment in the past. One at a time though, since otherwise this will get out of hand.

And so I give you #1:

I'm So Modern That Everything is Pointless

It’s amazing the crap I have on this computer, really. I forgot half this shit was here. No wonder it’s dying on me. (Fingers crossed that the new one gets here before it gives up the ghost, huh?)

Who else wants to play?

Now playing: Arctic Monkeys – Crying Lightning

12 Responses to “Picture Meme #1”

1. Cate Gardner July 28, 2009 at 10:22 am #

Fantastic photo. I don’t think I have anything half as interesting in my picture file.

2. KVTaylor July 28, 2009 at 10:54 am #

I’ll bet you’d be surprised. I only had this one (and most of the ones I’ll post, I reckon… once I figure out what they are) because I made an icon of it!

3. Aaron Polson July 28, 2009 at 1:12 pm #

Love it. I’d modify mine to say “I’m so post-modern that I’m pointless”

I might have to do some hard drive hunting.

4. Reenie July 28, 2009 at 4:39 pm #

Nicky!!!

Definitely one of Your pics. Just goes to show that the evidence of who Your Band is was staring us in the face for a long time…

(Sorry Liam).

5. KVTaylor July 28, 2009 at 5:16 pm #

Aaron, I can take no credit (except for the red bits– I inked over them in red in PS so I could use it as background for my personal insane listy blog a year ago… or something ago, anyhow)– it’s all Nicky Wire. I’d totally wear the post-modern one, too.

Reenie, yeah. Inevitable. I’m sorry too, Liam. And as you can imagine, said band will be popping up again with my (and your!) favorite image. I already have five or six of these picked out and oh yeah. It must happen.

6. Natalie L. Sin July 28, 2009 at 5:20 pm #

Ha! Your asking for it : ) I have naughty pictures.

7. KVTaylor July 28, 2009 at 5:29 pm #

You just made my day! I was hoping you’d say that :D

8. Alan W. Davidson July 28, 2009 at 8:16 pm #

Never mind the sentiment, I just love the hat and coat. Where can I gets me one on those?

9. Alan W. Davidson July 28, 2009 at 8:20 pm #

Oops! It’s getting late here…what I meant to say was “Where can I get me one of those”.

10. Reenie July 28, 2009 at 9:12 pm #

And wouldn’t you, know, you post the picture, and then they announce shows in the US! Cargo Cults work!

11. KVTaylor July 28, 2009 at 11:21 pm #

I knew what you meant, Alan! As for the hat, I can’t help you, but I’m pretty sure he painted up the jacket himself :D

Reenie… is it me, or did we just get the power up and win the game? The Manics Game.

Yeah. We totally did. I invoked the spirit of Nicky Wire (who is still alive, but can be invoked, obviously, because he is Nicky Wire) and BAM.

Cargo Cult FTW. (Too bad it didn’t work when he was plastered all over my IJ though, really…)

1. The Last One - KV Taylor - SpecFic and Nonsense - August 3, 2009

[…] so I bookend this little meme appropriately. Thanks for coming along on a tour of Shit that Makes Me Want to Write, because […]