Scripped Pre-Order. Also, Prizes.

27 Jul

Wednesday is ours! The Scripped pre-order is a real thing.

Interested? Check it out here at Belfire Press.

When you fill out the little order form, just pick “pre-order” for shipping. You will not be charged a thing until the actual book is printed and ready to go (mid-August, for the record)–and then Belfire will send you an invoice. Yay!

If you do pre-order (oh gosh, please do!), remember to take advantage of my two-for-one offer. Send me an email, let me know you’ve opted in on the pre-order, and you’ll immediately get the Tales from Liberty Tree chapbook e-version. Plus, I’ll put you down for one of those signed, numbered, pretty jobs I described this weekend, and when the pre-orders are all finalized and ready to go out, I’ll drop it in the mail for you.

(Did I mention my aunt did the cover painting? Yeah. She’s awesome.)

Not sure you’re interested, but… maybe interested?

So you checked out the website, but you’re still not sure. Sounds like a weird idea for a book, this whole Appalachian fae thing. Can she pull it off?

I’ll tell you what. I’ve got two chapbooks that have printing errors, #8 and #11. They’ve been fixed up, they’re still beautiful — hell, I had four initially, but two people actually elected to have the ones with the error in them because they thought it was cool.

If you leave a comment right here and simply say, “Look, I’m not sure I want to commit to a pre-order,” I’ll enter you in a drawing for #8, to take place on August 10. You can tell me why (“I read this story of yours and it was total crap.” “I’m thinking I’ll just grab the e-book.” “I’m sick of your long blog entries!” “I want to but I have no money!” “The voices won’t let me.”) or not. No strings, no nothing. Just give me a shot.

But Katey, I’m totally pre-ordering! What about me?!

I see your point. I mean, even if you’re not pre-ordering, just sure you want to wait for the e-book or some extra cash or whatever, you should still get to win stuff just for being cool.

How about this? Give me a signal boost — link this post from your blog, tumblr, twitter, facebook, G+, whatever. Spread the love around to your friends who might not be in the know about awesome Appalachian fae, and you’ll get a drawing for a prize, too. If I see it I’ll let you know, if I don’t see it please tell me in whatever way suits you best so I don’t miss you. Tweet, email, comment, whatever works. I’ll keep a thank you list.

The loot: I’ve got two copies of Dark Quest Book’s fabulous Jennifer Brozek anthology, Beauty Has Her Way, and someone needs to win ‘em, right?

25 Responses to “Scripped Pre-Order. Also, Prizes.”

1. Richard Baron July 27, 2011 at 1:29 pm #

Just ordered. Email on its way :)

• Katey July 27, 2011 at 2:02 pm #

Thanks so much, Richard!

2. Me, very proud July 27, 2011 at 3:14 pm #

Well, you know I’m in. :) You’re going to have a busy email today! LOL. Congrats my friend!

• Katey July 28, 2011 at 2:14 am #

It has been a good day, I gotta say. Thank you so much, Anita <3

3. Anthony J. Rapino July 27, 2011 at 7:30 pm #

I’m all over this! :-) I preordered and shot you an e-mail. I’m off to twitter now to link your post. Good luck with sales!

• Katey July 28, 2011 at 2:14 am #

Thanks again, Tony! You’re totally on my thank you list for the drawing :D

4. Milo James Fowler July 28, 2011 at 10:28 am #

Not to fly at you from left field or anything, but when will Scripped be available for Kindle?

• Katey July 28, 2011 at 12:26 pm #

The date right now is Aug 15, which is also when the print ones will go out, barring any disaster with the proof!

5. natalie July 28, 2011 at 1:26 pm #

:) Ordered, and an email shall wing it’s way to you! I can’t wait to read it.

• Katey August 2, 2011 at 1:29 pm #

I love that my brain totally thought this comment getting emailed to me was you emailing. Well, to the same effect, right?! :D

6. Meghan July 28, 2011 at 8:27 pm #

So happy and excited for you!!!

• Katey August 2, 2011 at 1:29 pm #

It’s all you, man. <3

7. Danielle Ferries July 28, 2011 at 10:56 pm #

It be pre-ordered. Am so looking forward to reading it.

• Katey August 2, 2011 at 1:29 pm #

Hope it suits — I’m so excited I can’t see straight… but for once it’s totally justified!

8. Alan W. Davidson July 30, 2011 at 1:12 pm #

Dude, pre-ordering is complete…I shall be peeking in the mailbox every day until it gets here…

• Amanda Borenstadt August 2, 2011 at 10:35 am #

“Look, I’m not sure I want to commit to a pre-order,” Please enter me in a drawing for a free one! :)

I am so excited about your book. I love the concept!!!
      I can’t commit to any more money for books right now. I just spent big bucks on books for the kids for the comming school year. (We home school.) My book needs are on the bottom of the list. :(

Anyway, even if I don’t win. I’ll buy it eventually. It’s just too cool a concept! :)

• Katey August 2, 2011 at 1:31 pm #

Hello, Amanda! Thanks so much for stopping by. I completely understand — I have to give myself a Book Allotment in cash each month and then hope for the best.

You are entered :D

• Katey August 2, 2011 at 1:30 pm #

Thank you thank you thank you, Alan!

9. Cate Gardner August 3, 2011 at 8:28 am #

Well you already know I preordered. In fact, although I was away from the net for a wee while, I made sure to check in periodically to see if your book was available to pre order yet. I shall plug the book EVERYWHERE when I get back into the internet full time.

• Katey August 3, 2011 at 12:03 pm #

I was so surprised — I actually thought that email meant you were back already!

Cate, you really are the best. Thank you <3

1. Big Pimpin’: KV Taylor’s SCRIPPED | Anthony J. Rapino - July 29, 2011

[…] you needed more convincing, Katey is giving away free physical *and* ebook copies of her chapbook, Tales From Liberty Tree.  AND they are signed and numbered.  AND AND she’s holding a contest for even more […]

2. What a week | KV Taylor - July 29, 2011

[…] Contests and chapbook grab link […]

3. Get it while it’s hot, y’all. | KV Taylor - July 31, 2011

[…] sayin’. I mean, I’ll give you free stuff. They’ll give you free stuff. And look, it’s the fae. In Appalachia. […]

4. Addicted to Superpowers | KV Taylor - August 2, 2011

[…] earth-based, and can only be used underground. You’ll see what I mean. (Speaking of — these chapbooks are almost gone now. 4 left. Wow. Thank you, guys . So, so much. Still time, if you’re missing […]

5. Wild Weekend Catch-up Post | KV Taylor - August 9, 2011

[…] I’m gonna draw winners for a couple of BEAUTY HAS HER WAY books, as outlined in my initial SCRIPPED pre-order announcement. The idea is that if you tweet, blog, tumblr, facebook, whatever about SCRIPPED, I drop your name […]